Here at Denplan we like to shout about what we do best. And these four steps to success are integral to ensuring we deliver award winning dental care plans:
1. Unbeatable marketing support for you.
2. Our online support is always on point.
3. Health and Wellbeing – plus new eldercare offering!
4. Denplan Discount Network (DDN).
Employers that take out dental care as an employee benefit through Denplan have access to all these services. Among others, they include dedicated account management and eldercare. A brand new add-on to Denplan dental plans, eldercare gives employees the option to extend their cover to include relatives.
A hot topic at the moment, eldercare is the fastest growing add-on in the flexible benefits marketing world. The increasing demand is being driven by key factors in our changing society:
– The number of people needing care will outstrip the family members able to provide it.
– The UK’s ageing demographic is affecting the ‘sandwich generation’, so named because they need to re-think how they best manage their work-life balance to better cope with the care of both children and elderly relatives.
The UK’s changing demographic will create a number of challenges for employers. Perhaps the most pressing will be the need for organisations to help employees understand the realities of living longer and caring for their families across all generations.
The addition of eldercare to our plans helps to provide employees with financial and emotional reassurance.
To find out more about eldercare cover with Denplan – visit our eldercare webpage, or call us on 0800 838 951.
Source data from “What is driving demand for eldercare as a workplace benefit?“, by Robert Crawford for www.employeebenefits.co.uk.
The headlines this week have focused on the poor state of children’s oral health across the country; “Child tooth decay at crisis point” (The Times), 50,000 children in hospital each year for rotten teeth (The Express) and “Rotten teeth in kids crisis as dentists demand graphic health warnings on fizzy drinks and sweets” (The Mirror). Research shows that almost a third of five-year-olds are suffering from tooth decay, and it is the most common single reason why five- to nine-year-olds are admitted to hospital. In some cases children are admitted for multiple tooth extractions under general anaesthetic, despite tooth decay being almost entirely preventable.[i]
Denplan has also conducted our own research with over 2,000 parents of children aged 2-11, which shows that over a third (37.35%) of children have gone more than a day without brushing their teeth, with over 14% not brushing for two days. Furthermore, over 80% of children don’t brush for the recommended two minutes each time they brush[ii]. Clearly, the state of children’s oral health needs addressing and that’s why Denplan is focussing on children’s oral health in our Big Summer Brush-up campaign which runs for six weeks throughout the summer school holidays. We will be encouraging parents across the UK, to make the most of the summer holidays to visit the dentist. This national-facing PR campaign will help to raise awareness of the importance of proper brushing and will provide practical tips on how best to do this.
Over the six week period, we’ll be revealing the results of our in-depth family surveys and focus groups through national press articles and social media. We’ve also designed a handy booklet – Denplan’s Little Book of Healthy Smiles – for families to download from www.denplan.co.uk/bigsummerbrushup. This provides helpful tips on how to brush effectively, including oral health advice from dentists and insights from mums to other mums.
Earlier this month, on the 1st July, Denplan also hosted a Roundtable meeting at The House of Lords emphasising the importance of children’s oral health and the serious consequences of failing to provide enough advice, guidance and access to oral health assessments. We were extremely pleased that key policymakers from across the health spectrum were motivated to attend. This shows our commitment and ability at Denplan to make sure dentistry commands attention at the highest level.
Improving your family’s oral health is an issue that will concern everyone, to find out more, employees can visit www.denplan.co.uk/myteeth.
[i] Faculty of Dental Surgery report on The state of children’s oral health in England, published January 2015
[ii] A Onepoll survey of 2,000 participants conducted in May 2015
With National Smile Month over, let’s not forget how important it is to promote good oral hygiene all year round.
Here at Denplan, we firmly believe that where oral health is concerned, prevention is definitely better than cure. That’s why we developed our My Teeth website specifically with good oral health in mind. My Teeth is ideal for employees that want to discover more on caring for their teeth outside of the dentist.
And it doesn’t end there! Your employees can even assess their own oral health through My Dental Score. This handy assessment can be an important first step for those who want to find out the state of their oral health.
With over 6,500 dentists across the UK, employees can be sure they’ll find a convenient dentist close to work. To find out more, visit us at Denplan for Companies.
Fact 1 source: Denplan Corporate Decision Makers Survey 2015.
Fact 2 source: YouGov Health and Wellbeing Survey 2015.
This year, Denplan is proud to sponsor the award for Best Dental Benefits Intermediary at the 2015 Health Insurance Awards.
What are the Health Insurance Awards?
The Health Insurance Awards are the UK’s TOP awards for intermediaries who have shown excellence over the past year. They are the “Oscars” of the industry, and here at Denplan, we’re encouraging you to enter. You have to be in it to win it!
Why should you enter?
Winning this prestigious award means you could have an advantage over your competitors; you could enhance customer confidence and you’ll have a night out at The Grosvenor to boot! On top of this, whether you win or are short-listed, you’ll receive a logo that you can use on your upcoming literature, website, emails, social media, stationery etc. giving you the edge over the competition.
We all like to prove that we’re the best so show the industry that you are by winning an award this year!
It’s easy to enter.
1. Think of a client you’ve had a particular success with.
2. Work with us to submit an (up to) 1000 word entry to HI.
3. To enter simply contact your account manager for full details.
We’re here to help.
We’ll help you with any queries you may have while entering the awards. We’ll provide you with hints and tips on how to best write your entry, and we’ll even send you a framework to prompt you into writing a fantastic entry! The closing date for entries is the 31st of July.
The awards will be held at the Grosvenor Hotel, Park Lane, on the 15 October 2015. We hope to see you there!
At Denplan we recognise the need to process and pay claims in an efficient and timely manner.
Therefore we have made our claiming experience as simple as possible:
- We do not require the dentist to sign the claim form
- No pre-authorisation required, on any amount
Since January 2015, 75% of claims submitted online were paid under 2 working days with the remainder reimbursed within our standard service delivery of 5 working days*
To find out more about Denplan call us on 0800 169 3279.
*for all claims where we have received all necessary information to process the claim.
At Denplan, we make implementing a dental plan as easy as possible for you and your employees.
- We’re dedicated. From the beginning, a Business Development Associate and a dedicated Account Manager will work with you to create what you need for your health and wellbeing strategy to be delivered.
- We’re versatile. We can work with you directly or via intermediaries. Whatever you prefer, we’ll be flexible!
- We’re collaborative. Our team will provide the engaging communication tools to make sure that the dental benefit is understood and appreciated by your employees.
- We’ll tailor our services to what you want. Every employer delivers their health and wellbeing strategy in the way that suits them. In addition to regular meetings, your Account Manager will provide you with:
- Promotional material for national campaigns including Mouth Cancer Action Month and Dry January.
- A tailored communication plan to drive employee engagement that includes bespoke materials that fit with your brand and ethos.
- Access to added features like the Denplan Discount Network, ‘MyTeeth’ and ‘My Dental Score’.
- Regular management information reports.
- Finally, we are going nowhere! Some of our Account Managers have worked with their clients for over 10 years – you can rest assured you won’t be ignored!